YOUR MEETING OR CONFERENCE TODAY AND TOMORROW
at Congress Center Leipzig (CCL)
and KONGRESSHALLE am Zoo Leipzig
The Free State of Saxony has issued the Regulation of June 3, 2020 and the General Ruling of June 4, 2020 which allow the opening of and the visit to meeting, conference and show venues as long as Rules of Health and Hygiene are being meticulously followed. With immediate effect, it is possible again to organise meetings, conferences and industry trade shows.
To this effect, Leipziger Messe (the Leipzig Trade Fair Group) has developed a comprehensive set of Health and Hygiene Rules. Its key elements are:
- Social distancing: keep a minimum distance of 1.50 metres between persons
- Following the hygiene rules
- Tracking of contact persons
This implies: the essential criterion deciding on the maximum number of persons that can be admitted to an event is that the minimum distance is kept consistently, or that compensatory measures are in place.
As an added value or as an alternative to the physical presence of your participants, the CCL and the KONGRESSHALLE offer you full technical service for your hybrid meeting or your virtual conference: from simple online conferences to interactive streaming.
RULES OF HEALTH AND HYGIENE
At events held at the CCL and the KONGRESSHALLE am Zoo, our top priority is to protect the health of our customers and our own staff and to prevent infections, especially with the viruses COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2. To this end, a comprehensive and detailed hygiene concept has been developed which is approved by the competent health authority. Our specially trained, experienced team will assist you with expertise and commitment, to effectively implement the health protection and hygiene measures at your event. The essential requirements are:
- Social distancing: minimum distance of 1.50 m from person to person
- Compliance with the rules of hygiene
- Traceability of contact persons
The hygiene concept of the Leipziger Messe Group - including the Congress Center Leipzig and the KONGRESSHALLE am Zoo – provides the following measures:
- We use floor markings and signage systems. This applies in particular to service facilities (cloakrooms, catering facilities) and entrance areas.
- Through organisational measures we avoid crowding. There is a separation of entrance and exit areas.
- As the minimum distance cannot be maintained in the existing lavatories / sanitary rooms, wearing a mouth and nose protection there is mandatory.
- The hygiene rules (based on the recommendations of the Robert Koch Institute and the Federal Centre for Health Education) are communicated in a suitable form and with the necessary frequency.
- At conferences, distances between chairs are increased in order to maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 m between visitors. As a basic rule, no more visitors are allowed into a room than there are seats available. As the case may be, smaller distances can be achieved by taking compensatory measures (wearing a mouth-and-nose protection).
- Persons suspected of having COVID-19 are not allowed to enter. Should a suspicious case occur during the event, isolated care is possible.
- Hand disinfection dispensers are available throughout the entire building. These are located in the entrance and exit areas and in the sanitary facilities.
- The frequency of cleaning and disinfection of sanitary facilities, contact surfaces and objects is increased during event operations. The quality of cleaning is being checked regularly.
- The venues of Leipziger Messe have very efficient and powerful air-conditioning. Facilities are being operated with increased fresh air volumes. This provides for a constant exchange of air.
- Counters where staff and participants meet are equipped with transparent glass or plastic shields.
- The employees of Leipziger Messe receive regular training. A risk assessment based on the SARS-CoV-2 occupational safety standards has been carried out for all of them.
- The operational plans for service and security staff are individually adapted to each event. Our staff insists and makes sure that the social distancing rules are observed.
- There must be a complete registration of participants (according to the specifications of the Robert Koch Institute) in order to be able to trace contacts in case of infection.
For your event, we make room, layout and logistics concepts come true that are creative and communicative, and comply with all hygiene rules and recommendations consistently. These concepts were developed in close cooperation with the competent authorities and include:
- Seating plans for the lecture halls and rooms, ensuring that minimum distances are observed and that visitors are guided without collisions
- Centrally located spacious gastronomic areas which ensure that all distance and hygiene rules are observed
The Regulation on the Protection against Corona of June 3, 2020, and the General Ruling on the Execution of the Act on Protection against Infection of June 4, 2020 issued by the Free State of Saxony also apply to F&B catering. Catering services are therefore provided based on their own hygiene concept which fairgourmet GmbH has developed in accordance with the specific regulations. It is based on the solutions familiar from the catering industry and includes the following measures:
- The easing of crowd formation in catering areas, the provision of to-go offers, and special rules for self-service buffets ensure that health protection is maintained
- The service staff wear mouth and nose protection. In service areas, transparent glass or plastic shields provide protection.
- Disinfection is also provided in the catering areas.
Exhibitions and stands
- Design of presentation areas and exhibition booths by which social distancing and hygiene are guaranteed
It is the responsibility of the exhibitors to ensure that the hygiene and protection regulations are observed on the stand. Fairnet GmbH, a company of the Leipziger Messe Group, has drawn up basic recommendations for stand design. These can be found here .
The effects of the COVID 19 pandemic mean that quite a few organisers have to, or want to adapt the concept and/or layout of their congress or trade fair. At the same time, there is a need to continue to reach out to and involve as many members as possible of the respective community who cannot be physically present. We offer you convincing solutions for this during and after Corona, with our professional equipment and our experienced technical specialists. Our range of services for your hybrid or digital event includes:
- Possibility of combining conference technology on site in our facilities with a virtual online conference
- Flexible rooms and facilities that create a high-quality setting and a professional ambience
- Professional streaming technology that enables webcasts, hybrid congresses, purely virtual corporate events or general meetings under the highest IT security standards
- The experience, know-how and creativity of our highly qualified technical experts, who are committed to the success of your event